Dr. Hamilton has worked extensively with elite athletes over the course of the past sixteen (16) years. These work experiences have resulted in his planning and executing the following successful sports psychology programmes/ interactions:
- The West Indies senior men’s cricket team ahead of their winning campaigns at the 2012 and 2016 ICC T20 World Cups
- The Harbour View FC ahead of and during their championship seasons in the Jamaica Premier League in 2006/07; 2009/10; and 2012/13.
- The Jamaica College football team (many time Manning Cup Champions)
- DannellLeyva, Olympic medal-winning gymnast in 2012 (bronze) and 2016 (silver). Also US National Champion in 2011 and World Champion (parallel bars) in the same year
- Seven (7) consecutive championship-winning years with an elite soccer team in Florida
His unique style of communicating and relating to athletes – utilizing a combination of empathy, humor and encouragement underpinned by academic knowledge and personal experience – has definitely helped to produce the above-mentioned (and many other) successes.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION & MEMBERSHIPS
- PhD. Clinical / Sports Psychology
- MSc. Psychology / Guidance Counseling
- BSc. Psychology
- President & CEO, Elite Sports Psychology, LLC
- Florida Department of Education – Certified to teach Psychology
- Jamaica Board of Clinical Psychologists – Licensed Member (only one licensed to practice Sports Psychology)
- American Psychological Association – Professional Member
His clientele is eclectic and includes Athletes, Entertainers and Business Executives.
Dr. Hamilton joins the Jamaica Paralympic team with a wealth of professional knowledge and experience and a commitment to transforming lives.
Jason, a Paralympic SpirtandGamechanger.