Alphanso Cunningham, Tanto Campbell and Sylvia Grant received the Order of Distinction in the Commander Class yesterday October 20 at Kings House. Also a member of the board of the JPA Director Randolph Jones received the Badge of Honour for Meritorious Service for his invaluable contribution to Civil Aviation in Air Traffic Services. The JPA would like to say a heart felt congratulations to all.
- JOA, JPA Renew Historic Tottori Dealby jpadminIn a demonstration of international comity and solidarity in sport, the Jamaica Olympic Association, JOA, and the Jamaica Paralympic Association, JPA, recently inked a renewal of their historic partnership with the Tottori Prefecture in a virtual signing ceremony. The first of its kind in global sport, the parties expressed continued confidence in their bi-lateral relationship. […]
- Samuda shoots for a commercial model for sportby jpadminChristopher Samuda, President of the Jamaica Olympic Association (JOA). Jamaica Olympic Association (JOA) President Christopher Samuda has made a case to further push for sport to embrace and institutionalise a commercial model, which should position it has a stronger driver of economic activity. “History tells us that sport long ago evolved into a business and the […]
- Samuda Advocates For Jamaica To Adopt A New Commercial Model In Sportsby jpadminThe JOA believes that stakeholders will benefit from infrastructure development, tangible economic benefits and brand competitiveness Christopher Samuda; the President of the Jamaica Olympic Association, has urged sports stakeholders to institutionalize a commercial model. Embracing this model will help in growing economic activity.Samuda said that the principle drivers in this industry should be tourism, fan […]
- Samuda hoping to increase regional Para athletics classifiersby jpadminFrom left: Jamaica Paralympic Association President Christopher Samuda; Sivakumar Gulasingam, assistant professor University of Toronto; Americas Paralympic Committee Executive Director Michele Formonte; and Dr Carol Lang, Seminar Convenor during the launch of the Caribbean Para Athletics Classifiers Seminar at the Altamont Court hotel in New Kingston yesterday. Jamaica Paralympic Association (JPA) president Christopher Samuda is […]
- Samuda calls for commercial model for gamesby jpadminPresident of the Jamaica Olympic Association (JOA), Christopher Samuda, has once again called on sporting bodies to adopt a commercial model in delivering regional and international games. Samuda was speaking at a recent press conference to launch the hosting of the Pan American LacrosseAssociations’ Sixes Regional tournament by the Jamaica Lacrosse Association (JLA). The JOA […]