This week, the Paralympians Tanto Campbell, Alphanso Cunningham and Sylvia Grant received Order of Distinction honours for their sterling contribution to sports. The Jamaica Paralympics Association would like to congratulate them on this prestigious award.
- The Paralympic sport of bocciaby jpadminThe Paralympic sport of boccia is on the move after a series of webinars, face to face technical and coaching seminars and athlete training sessions which were conducted by the experienced international senior boccia coach and World Boccia contributor, Peter Hornig, of Jamaican paternal parentage and President of Boccia Jamaica. The Jamaica Paralympic Association (JPA),… Read more: The Paralympic sport of boccia
- Paralympic“Slam Dunk”by jpadminParalympic“Slam Dunk”with Majesty Gardens Youth Basketballers It was all about the majesty of the mind, heart and soul when the Majesty Gardens youth basketball team was hosted recently by the Jamaica Paralympic Association (JPA) at the Sir John Golding Rehabilitation Centre, the venerable birth place of the Paralympic movement in Jamaica. It was the second… Read more: Paralympic“Slam Dunk”
- Massage therapist offers ‘Sterling’ support to Sunshine Girlsby jpadminMassage therapist Rushane Sterling says he has been entrusted with one of the most crucial and delicate jobs for Jamaica’s senior netball team, which is to provide therapeutic massages to the Sunshine Girls in preparation for the 2023 Vitality Netball World Cup. The Vitality Netball World Cup will be the 16th staging of the premier competition… Read more: Massage therapist offers ‘Sterling’ support to Sunshine Girls
- Samuda hoping to increase regional Para athletics classifiersby jpadminJamaica Paralympic Association (JPA) president Christopher Samuda is hoping that certified classifiers from the region will be the first step into widening the pool of para-athletes for future major global games. Samuda was speaking at yesterday’s opening day of the Caribbean Para Athletics Classifiers Seminar. The seminar, which is the first time that Jamaica is… Read more: Samuda hoping to increase regional Para athletics classifiers
- JOA, JPA Renew Historic Tottori Dealby jpadminIn a demonstration of international comity and solidarity in sport, the Jamaica Olympic Association, JOA, and the Jamaica Paralympic Association, JPA, recently inked a renewal of their historic partnership with the Tottori Prefecture in a virtual signing ceremony. The first of its kind in global sport, the parties expressed continued confidence in their bi-lateral relationship.… Read more: JOA, JPA Renew Historic Tottori Deal