Director Randy Jones will be representing the Association and Jamaica at a workshop which will be hosted by the Caribbean Associations of National Olympic Committees (CANOC) November 6 to 9 at the Frenchman’s Reef and Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort in St. Thomas US Virgin Islands.
It is an initiative of the Toronto 2015 Parapan American Games Organising Committee the objectives of which are:
1. To share information on the IPC and NPCs
2. To examine the history of the relationship between the IOC and the IPC
3. To examine case studies of best practices of working relations between NPCs and NOCs
4. To develop a framework for the establishment of NPCs in CANOC member countries where none exists
5. To establish parameters for working relationships between NOCs and NPCs in CANOC member countries going forward building solid synergies in the region with concrete shared goals in the short, medium and long term for the further development of inclusive sport systems.
6. To outline CANOC/CANPC relations going forward.
Randy will be making a presentation on the Jamaican experience.