Rory is a Director of the JPA and the Jamaica Paralympic Foundation. He is a consultant orthopedic surgeon and senior medical officer with special responsibilities at the Sir John Golding Rehabilitation Centre, which rehabilitates patients with spinal cord injuries, spina bifida, cerebral palsy and other neurological conditions. He is also the General Secretary of the Jamaican Orthopaedic Association.
Rory has a successful private medical practice in general orthopedics and sport medicine and is a respected lecturer at the University of the West Indies School of Physical Therapy.
He was formerly the Chief Residential Orthopedic Surgeon at the University Hospital of the West Indies, Surgical Resident at the Kingston Public Hospital and the Bustamante Children’s Hospital and did a successful internship at the Kingston Public Hospital,Victoria Jubilee and Bustamante Hospitals.
He is a member of the Jamaica Medical Council, Medical Protection Society and the General Medical Council and his presentations include:
- Amputations and Prosthetics (2010)
- Sir John Golding Annual Symposium June 2010
- Bed Sores (2009) Medical Association of Jamaica Conference
- Cerebral Palsy,The Jamaican Experience (2009) Bustamante Children’s Hospital Leila Wynter Conference
- Sports and the Disabled (2008)
- Jamaican Orthopedic Association Conference
- Bicycle Spoke Injuries (2005) Jamaican Orthopedic Conference
A few of his activities include:
- Chef de Mision Paralympic Team, Beijing, China 2008
- Team Doctor, Para Pan American Games, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 2007
- Team Doctor, IPC World Athletics Championships, Assen, Netherlands 2006
Rory speaks English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Mandarin(conversational) and Italian (conversational)